Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Some Girls Bite- Chicagoland Vampires Book 1

Name of  Book: Some Girls Bite 
Name of Author: Chloe Neill
Name of Series: Chicagoland Vampires Book One
I read it In: Kindle Format
Goodreads Overall Rating: 4.02
My Rating: 4 out of 5 it was good and worth, not great and life changing
Goodreads Summary: They killed me. They healed me. They changed me.

Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn’t exactly glamorous, but I was doing fine until Chicago’s vampires announced their existence to the world. When a rogue vampire attacked me, I was lucky he only got a sip. Another bloodsucker scared him off and decided the best way to save my life was to make me the walking undead.

Now I’ve traded sweating over my thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan “Lord o’ the Manor” Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed,
four-hundred-year-old vampire, he has centuries’ worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects my gratitude—and servitude. Right…

But someone’s out to get me. Is it the rogue vampire who bit me? A vamp from a rival House? An angry mob bearing torches?

My initiation into Chicago’s nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war—and there will be blood.

My Spoiler Free Review:


Plot Development: The plot development in Some Girls Bite is huge. This is a very plot driven story and it is well paced. The story continues to move forward but spends enough time where needed. All of your questions are answered and the pages are clear and concise. There is an underlying mystery that is closed in this novel, there is no cliff-hanger. This is an adult novel and it moves, thinks and speaks in such a way. One thing I did not realize before reading it is that it has a good deal of romance in it. I am not a fan of that but it was tolerable, the story still goes on. If you enjoy political moves, vampires, other creatures of the night, romance, and friendship you will enjoy this story. The world development is huge, the author is opening up an entire world of her own and I am extremely interested to see how all of the parts will play out .

Characters: There are several main characters but it is easy to keep track of who is who. The characters are likable and when needed hate-worthy. There are different kinds of "life forms," for lack of a better term. There are vampires, shapeshifters, people who have magic abilities, water nymphs and all sorts of things. I see the character development being huge in this series, the author left so much room for development. 

Next For Me: I would read this series straight through but there are two reasons I won't: One, that's expensive, Two, I get tired of things easy so I am going to read a few books in-between but this will for sure be a series I finish. 



Until next time.... keep reading and enjoy the small things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment